5 Proven Tips for Blogging Success
These days blogs are everywhere. Most businesses have them, many people have at least one, and lots of trusted news outlets deliver their content through them. If you search for just about anything online you are likely to come across at least one blog. And the number of blogs on the internet is growing exponentially each year.
With that in mind, there are a few things you should do if you are thinking about starting a blog, or if you already have one, and you want it to be successful. You can’t just throw one up and expect readers, rankings, and money to come pouring in. It takes a lot to time and effort to become a successful blogger.
Here are some proven tips that almost all blogging professionals followed to become successful…
1) Valuable content is always king. High quality, original, useful content should be the base of any blog. Your readers need to find lots of value in your content or they won’t keep coming back to read it. If your blog focuses on news of some sort, be sure you are providing up to date information. If your blog sets out to teach the user something, be sure to teach in a clear, concise and practical way. If your content is not engaging then nothing else you do with your blog will matter.
2) Don’t hide. If you are the only person posting content to the blog, you should put a picture of yourself along with a short bio on the sidebar, and link it to the “about” page where you go into more detail about you and your blog. If the blog has multiple authors, give each of them a page on where they add information about themselves. Readers want to feel connected with the person(s) providing the content on a blog, so show them you are real and can relate to them.
3) Encourage interaction. Try getting people to post comments as much as possible. You want your readers to feel like they are able to interact with you and network with other readers. By allowing, and encouraging comments, you are creating a sense of community and belonging. If your readers feel like they are a part of the site, they will keep coming back.
4) Make it Fun. Find ways to keep your readers entertained and coming back other than just to read. Make use of polls, games, social media, pictures, videos, and so on. Your writing is important but it’s always good to spice things up a bit too.
5) Frequent Updates. Although not quite as important as quality, the quantity of content on a blog is still very important. People want to see new posts quite often. Try to set a schedule for regular updates and stick to it. If you need to write a bunch of posts in one day and schedule them out to post automatically later on, then go ahead and do that. Just make sure your blog is being updated frequently. Subscribers and regular readers will begin to lose interest if you don’t give them a reason to keep coming back.
There’s no doubt that it takes a lot of hard work to build a successful blog, but in the end, it’s more than worth it. Follow the tips above and you will be well on your way!