There’s no doubt that getting backlinks (also known as inbound links or inlinks) will go a long way in helping to improve the search engine rankings of your website and help you to make money online with SEO. That fact was proven long ago and continues to be true today. There’s also no doubt that having top rankings on the major search engines will give you targeted traffic and increase your business income.
Actually one of the best ways to make money online is to build websites around various keywords (niches) and get them ranked highly on search engines by filling them with tons of high quality content and getting the right kinds of backlinks.
There are a lot of ways to get backlinks. Some of these include:
– Quality Content (so people naturally link to you – BEST kind by far)
– Blogger Outreach / Guest Blogging
– Content Marketing
– Local Business Citations
– Press Releases
– Social Sites
– Video Marketing
– Article Submissions
– Web Directories
– Blog Directories
– Forum Signatures
– Blog Commenting
– Link Bait Posts
– RSS Directories
– Web 2.0 Properties
…And several more.
This goes on but the point is that you will never run out of places to get backlinks and you should never stop working for them. They are extremely important to your success at making money online with SEO.
Getting almost any backlink to your website is better than nothing (although there definitely are some exceptions to that rule) but certain inbound links are a lot better than others. If you can get these particular links they will help you exponentially more than virtually any other type. So, you should spend a much larger portion of your time going after these backlinks.
So, without further ado, here are some of the criteria for finding the best type of backlinks for making money online…
1) From a Related Site – Generally the rule is that the best inbound links are from websites that are related to yours. That means they are in the same or similar niche and the content is related to what you have on your website. For example: A link from an internet home business related site to your make money online site would be great.
2) From an Authority Site – A link from an authoritative, well-known, highly ranked site is very beneficial to you. These are typically called authority site links. These will give you more “link juice” and help improve your rankings more than just about any other type of link will. This is especially true if it is an authority site in your niche, or a related one.
3) Keyword Anchored – You typically want keyword anchored links whenever possible because the anchor text tells the search engines what to rank you for in their results. For that reason the anchor text should include the main keywords you want your website to rank highly for on Google and other SE’s.
For example: If your website is about making money online then you might anchor your links with keywords such as; make money online, make money on the internet, earn money online, money making, how to earn money, ways to make money online, home business, work at home, and other similar phrases. Be sure to vary the anchor text because it’s not good to have them all the same. You should also have plenty of links that are not keyword anchored but that will happen naturally so you don’t really need to worry about it right now.
4) Do Follow – It should go without saying that part of the criteria for the best backlink is that it is a “dofollow” link. If the “nofollow” tag is applied to your link then you are getting very little benefit from it as far as search engine rankings are concerned. You need do follow backlinks to help you make money online with SEO. Of course, you definitely also want to have nofollow links for a more natural link profile, and you want take what you can get on authority sites. So don’t get carried away with making sure your links are all followed.
5) One Way – A one way backlink is when a site is linking to your website (for whatever reason) without you giving them a link back. These are very high quality and are typically considered to be among the best type of inlinks you can get because they are natural.
That’s basically all there is to finding the best backlinks for SEO. If you get a backlink that includes all 5 of the criteria listed above then it is about as perfect of a link as you will ever get. The more you can get like this the better, and it won’t be long before you see top search engine rankings and start earning money from your website!