You are here reading this right now because you want to learn how to make money online. That’s great! I hope you come back often and tell your friends about us. Although, you might not like what I am about to say…
The best way to make money online also happens to be incredibly boring and tedious at times.
Yep, that’s right, nothing glamorous about it and you certainly won’t get famous doing it. But it works and works very well. That’s all that matters!
So, what is this wonderful yet boring way to make money online?
It goes a little something like this…
1) Find a niche – Do keyword research until you find a niche worth building a website about. This has to be one that doesn’t have too much competition so you can actually rank highly on search engines for it without spending years trying. It also needs to have a good amount of profit potential. That basically means enough people searching for the keywords who are going to spend money.
2) Build a website – Once you have found your niche it’s time to build a website. There are a few different types of sites you can build and the type you choose will depend on what your niche is targeting. The most common are blogs and static sites, but there are others.
3) Write content – You need to get a good base of content on your site right away. Usually somewhere around 10 posts/pages are sufficient to get you started. These can typically be written within a few hours depending on how much knowledge you have of the niche or how much research you need to do. But adding fresh quality content is an ongoing thing that will need to be done periodically for as long as you have the site.
4) Get backlinks – This is very important. Each of the steps above is mostly just to lay the foundation so you can start building backlinks. There are many different ways to get the best backlinks possible and it has been covered enough here on this blog and on many others, so I won’t get into it right now. Quick tip: Backlinks from people linking to you naturally are the best and to get those you need high quality content.
5) Rinse and repeat – Do it all over again with another site and keep doing it. Just remember that high quality content is always needed.
Here’s a little diagram to help you visualize the steps (courtesy of the keyword academy)…
There’s nothing fancy or glorious about those 5 steps and they can be quite boring at times, yet that is the best way to make money online. You can cash in on a virtually unlimited supply of niches and the income keeps adding up until you are really raking it in.
The best part about it is that once the initial work has been done with each site, you can move on to the next and continue to earn money from it with very little extra work. The search engine traffic keeps coming in every day like clockwork and you keep earning every day without do any extra work on the site. You just keep building your online empire and your income keeps increasing. That’s what you call a residual income!
Now, in order to do this, you need to quit doing all the “fun” stuff that isn’t earning you any money. Stop trying to figure out how to make money with Twitter. Stop sitting on Facebook and Myspace all day. Stop worry about how many times your posts make the front page of Digg. Stop hitting all the social sites every day. Stop reading every blog post you come across trying to find the next big thing that is going to make you rich. Stop focusing on building a bunch of RSS subscribers for your blog. Stop reading email and forums all day so you don’t miss something. Stop buying into all the hype of big name bloggers and internet marketing gurus. Stop joining membership sites and purchasing every new make money online system or product. Stop… Stop… Stop!
Okay, I think you get my point. None of that is really helping you build your internet business and actually make money for you. Yes, some of it does help a little and some of it is entertaining, but it’s mostly a waste of your time! No problem taking a little time out of your day for some of those things as a sort of break. But don’t get sucked in or you’ll end up wasting away your day without doing anything really productive. Your days might be a little more lonely and boring but your bank account will thank you.
Personally I would rather be a little bored sitting at my home computer working when I want, with a bank account full of money and enjoying my life, than trying to become the next big A-list blogger, having fun with social media sites, but broke as hell and going about it all wrong. Or worse, slaving away at a regular job that I hate and barely getting by on the money I earn. How about you? You do actually want to make money, don’t you? Then listen to what I am saying here!
By the way, this 5 step system is the same one that Court and Mark over at The Keyword Academy teach as well as what Griz teaches at his free make money online site. They are masters at earning money online and they are also great at teaching others how to do it.
That’s about all there is to say about it. Close the social sites and A-list blogs right now and start using this system so you can really start making money online. You’ll be glad you did.