If you have decided on a Niche you want to blog about, you need to choose a domain name for your blog. A Domain name are the letters or words you see on your browser’s address bar. The domain name is what people would use to visit your blog. Since your blog is unique, therefore your website link would be unique. There are no 2 same website link. These is how you can make a good choice
1. Put your keyword – Having your keyword in the domain name is good because it helps your site to rank higher on Search engines. For instance, if you chose computer as your niche, you can make your website link to be http://www.i-just-choose-computer-as-my-niche-123.com. My niche is in the domain name.
2. Type of extension – There are many types of extension. They include .com (business domain) , .net (commercial network), .org (non – profit organization), .edu (educational instutions), .info (information), .gov (govement institutions), .mobi (for mobile phones) and countries abbreviation extensions. I prefer to use the .com extension. If you can avoid .info extension, avoid it. That is what most spammers usually use.
3. Length – Make the name to be short. It should be less than 36 words length. This example, http://www.i-just-choose-computer-as-my-niche-123.com was way too long.
4. Hyphen – People are not used to typing hyphens, so they might forget and land into a competitor’s website. This domain has an advantage of helping search engines to distinguish your keywords better.
5. Letters – There might be confusion in typing your website’s link. For instance between ‘1’ or ‘one.
The key with choosing domain is make it memorable, short and hard to misspell.