Often times data entry jobs get a bad rap mainly because a lot of websites are very misleading on their sales pages. They say that they offer online data entry work and other work from home jobs but they really don’t. And they make you pay for “access” to the crap they are actually peddling.
This had led many people to believe that real online data entry jobs do not exist and they are all scams. If you are one of them, I don’t blame you for thinking that, but I am here to tell you that there really is such a thing as legitimate data entry jobs that pay you, instead of the other way around!
So, where do you find them? Well, that is exactly what I am going to tell you in this post. Before I do that I will tell you that they are not the easiest things to find or get hired for when you do. That is simply because the real honest ones are few and far between, and there’s fierce competition for them. But don’t let that stop you from trying to get one if you truly think a data entry work from home job is how you want to make money.
Typically the best websites that list data entry jobs are those that give you a link to go to the hiring company’s site so you can make up your own mind whether or not you want to apply for it. They should lay out specific details, requirements, expectations, and conditions without a sales pitch — Just the job listings.
Anyway, as I said above, there are real and legitimate online data entry job opportunities, but it’s not always very easy to get hired for them because there are thousands of people searching for them every day so the competition is fierce. You need to know where to look so you can increase your chances of finding one and decrease your chances of getting scammed.
Here are some places that offer real work from home data entry job listings:
* WhyDoWork Employers – A great list of work at home employers for many different categories of home based online jobs. You will see they have a “data entry / typing” category with a few reputable data entry employers.
* Telecommuting Jobs – Another really good list of work at home categories to choose from with the top one being “data entry / customer service / admin assistant” jobs. Under that category you will find a lot of different job listings.
* Freelance Sites – There are several reputable freelance work websites where you can find people looking to hire for data entry positions. A really popular one is elance.com so you can use that as a starting point.
* Job Search Sites – An obvious place to find data entry work is on the various job search websites. You will surely recognize many of these such as careerbuilder, monster, indeed, craigslist, hotjobs, and others. You do need to be careful on these though because not all the listings you find on them are legitimate. Stay alert and use your better judgment to help weed out the scams.
* Search Engines – If you search on Google for “Work from Home Jobs” or if you get more specific and search for “Data Entry Jobs” and other similar phrases, you will find plenty of websites that can help you to find home business data entry clerk jobs. Just remember that many of them will be trying to sell you something or get you to join a program so they can make money off you. So, keep your guard up and be very careful. Don’t fall for hype and false promises.
Remember, you are supposed to get paid to do a data entry job just as you do any other job in the offline world. You don’t pay to get jobs in the real world so don’t pay someone who promises you a job doing data entry from home online. Keeping that simple tip in mind could very easily save you from wasting your money and time on a fake job listing.
Also, you aren’t going to get rich doing data entry work, so stay away from any advertisement claiming you will earn insane amounts of money. They sound great and are very tempting but you will only get burned in the end. If it sounds too good to be true then it probably is!
You should be able to find plenty of legitimate data entry jobs if you take the advice given above. They are out there and they can be a great way to work from home so don’t give up on your search just because you have heard some bad things. There’s always going to be some people/companies who give the entire industry a bad reputation, but there really are some great data entry jobs online if you don’t allow yourself to be sucked into any of the hype.