You know there are a lot of people out there who talk about making money blogging and it’s funny because sometimes they demonstrate better with their actions than with their words. People talk about black hat SEO techniques and other crap that brings you nothing but grief from Google, and rightfully so. If you put junk out on the internet then you deserve junk rankings in return. I mean think about what Google wants to do – deliver the best and most relevant search results to their searchers. Sure Google uses links and other signals to find out what sites are the best, and topics to find what is relevant, but their technology is quickly becoming much better at separating the good content from the bad without a lot of help from outside influence.
So, as a blogger, you need to be producing high quality content above all else!
Think about it… Why do you read blogs? You read them because they provide accurate and valuable content on topics you are interested in! What do you do with the content after you’ve read it? You tell your friends about it. You write about it on your own blog. You share it on your social media accounts. Your friends link to it through their social media. And so on! Eventually your content erupts and people all over the world are sending you links ORGANICALLY! This type of content can be referred to as linkbait or viral content, but what it really comes down to it you are just giving the reader what they want.
Ok so that comes to the point of the post. Produce high quality, link-worthy, sharable content and Google will rank your content high in the search engine; rewarding your good content with visitors to your site. This is the best way to produce consistent results and build a profitable blog.
One of the biggest rules of internet marketing, blogging, and SEO is… “If you make Google look stupid they will get you eventually, but make them look smart and they will reward you!”
What you really need to do to make money online with your blog is produce content that a community will want to form around. To do this, here are a few suggestions:
- A good title goes a long way. Something catchy works well, but nothing is better than clarity.
- Start with the basics. People want a one stop shop when they are getting information so start with the basics and work towards more complicated topics.
- Answer logical questions. The internet is all about questions. I mean when you do a search what you are usually doing is asking a question with keywords. Anticipate and answer the questions people might ask about your content.
- Make your posts well thought out, long, in-depth, and well edited. People don’t want to read a bunch of mixed up circular stuff with poor grammar. As my grade 10 teacher said, “write using good proper English.”
- Write for your human readers, not the search engine bots! If you are writing as if you are talking to your target audience in person the rankings will come naturally. There is no need to force it.
I hope I’ve given you some good ideas as to how you can make money blogging by writing with good content. There is no other good way to grow a website for long term success then with top notch content. So get writing!