The forums I am specifying are webmaster forums. Forums is a place where you can learn a lot of things. I like forums because you would get immediate answer from people that are online in the forum and know the answer to your question. The benefits of spending time in forums are
1. Getting Knowledge – Every newbie should spend their time on forums because there would be a lot of people over there to help them out. Forums are better than blogs because it enables people to exchange ideas better than blogs. Blogs are personal, so the blog owner might not publish any contradicting ideas on his blog.
2. Blog Post Ideas – If you have a blog in the blogging niche and you run out of ideas, I would encourage you to visit forums to ideas from forums. Write blog posts that answer newbies questions.
3. Drive Traffic to Your Blog – After answering newbies questions in your blog post, you can post the URL of blog post on any thread telling newbies to visit this link if they want to learn more about that issue.
4. Make Money – You can make money by advertising your affiliate links or sell your ebook. If you are a programmer, you can build websites template to sell or assist others with their project for a fee. You can also be a freelancer by doing forum posting or blogs commenting.
5. Know Other Bloggers and Blogs – You can also make friends with other bloggers that you can share ideas with or they can help you in your link building campaign. You can also visit other blogs where you can learn more about blogging or what is going on in the blogosphere.
6. Exchange Links – Forums enable you to exchange links with other webmaster. Remember, to get to the top of the first page on Google, you need backlinks. Exchanging links would enable you to be on the top.