It’s a new year full of new opportunities for anyone willing to get out of their comfort zone and begin a work from home career. With each year that passes the internet becomes a bigger part of our lives and that creates an increase in online jobs you can do from home. The world is changing and will continue to do so. This is your chance to get ahead of the game and take advantage of what’s available to you in this new digital world.
Of course, there are many options available, and the “best” one is impossible to say because everybody has different preferences and needs. However, I have discussed 5 of the top work at home jobs for 2017 below to hopefully help you make an informed decision. They aren’t listed in any particular order.
1) SEO Consultant – With the growth of the internet and everyone coming online for business and personal reasons, it is more important than ever to be able to get websites ranked highly in search engines. Most people don’t have a clue how to do search engine optimization (SEO) properly nor do they have the desire or time to learn. They need the services of an SEO specialist to help them out and are willing to pay good money for it. If you have the knowledge and skills to get high rankings on the major search engines (mainly Google) then you can work from home as a search engine optimization consultant and earn great money.
2) Web Designer – As with above, the increase of people and businesses coming online makes the services of a web designer more in demand than ever before. Most people and companies don’t know how to create a website or have the time to learn. They would rather pay someone to do it for them and do it right the first time. If you can design and build web sites you can make a very good living from home in 2017 and beyond. This is certainly one of the best work at home jobs right now.
3) Blogger – There are actually a couple ways you can make money blogging. One is to start your own blog(s) in a profitable niche then work towards building up the traffic, readers, and rankings until you can monetize it. However, that is not really so much a “work from home job” as it is your own online business as a professional blogger.
The other way is to actually hire yourself out as a blogger. With so many blogs online now there are countless opportunities for someone willing to be a blogger-for-hire. A lot of people don’t have the time, energy, or ability to keep their blogs updated consistently so they will pay someone to help them out with the writing duties. This can be a great way to earn money online without having to build up your own blog.
4) Freelance Writer – These days just about everyone needs articles, blog posts, website content, information products, sales letters, press releases, and many other things written. But not everyone is a good writer or has time to do all the writing themselves, or maybe they just don’t want to do it. If you were to work at home as a freelance writer, you would have more jobs than you could handle as long as you were good at it. This is another one that will continue to grow in 2017 and years after.
5) Social Media Marketing Coach – This is the newest, the least known about, and probably the least saturated of the five work at home jobs on this list. Social media is all the rage right now but relatively few people know how to truly use it properly and effectively for business marketing. So there is huge potential for those who do. One of the hottest ways to make money online in 2017 is being a social media marketing coach for internet marketers, small business owners, and even large companies. If you got the skills they can definitely pay the bills.
So, there you have it, the top 5 work at home jobs for 2017 and each of them could also be turned into your own online business or help you learn how to make money from home other ways. As I said, it’s impossible to say what the absolute top five are because everyone has their own needs and preferences. However, these are certainly among the best of the best. Hopefully one of them fits within your expertise. If not, then get started learning the one that interests you most and you will be working from home as your own boss before you know it!